Passport Application Procedure & Documents
Though it is easy to get information online on the official website of passport, the excessive information may get on your nerves. We have presented here up to the point concise and complete information on the procedure of applying for passport. A significant elaboration on how to apply for passport online without getting perplexed with unnecessary contents is shared here for convenience of users who want to apply for their fresh passport. Simple to follow guide to apply for Indian passport online. The post will also be guiding you to application for passport renewal. Before explaining the online application of passport, we have updated on other useful online applications on documents required for passport which is must in order to apply for passport online or offline.
Passport is an essential foreign travel document issued to every individual by Ministry of External Affairs. However, passport also serves as a significant identify proof document. With introduction of online application, the procedures of passport application and renewal have become extremely time saving and hassle free. Just follow the given guide on how to apply for passport online.
How to Apply for Passport: Online Passport Application
Applying for passport online is one of the most comfortable ways of doing it, if you are well familiar with it. Here is how you can apply for your passport online with precision and minimal time consumption:
- Click here to go to the governmental Passport Seva site or get online passport application directly.
- Follow the orange coloured option saying New User? Register Now.
- Fill the form appeared on the screen to create your login account on the passport Seva website. See that you select the passport office of the city you are residing now. Also enter your name exactly as it appears in your official documents to avoid discrepancies during the application and verification.
- You can sign up easily by filling in other simple details as with other websites.
- Click on Register once you fill up all the details.
- Return to the home page of the website and click on the green coloured option for Existing User or Login.
- Enter your email address and click on the Continue
- Enter your email, password and the shown characters in the relevant boxes and click on Login
- Click on the option Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport.
- Download the form for application of passport and fill it with all the necessary details. To save your time, choose Alternative 2 for online passport application. You can fill in online or can upload back after filling it offline.
- Click on the submit button after entering all the necessary details.
- Click the Pay and Schedule Appointment option in order to book your appointment.
- Payment is to be made online through Credit or Debit Card, Internet Banking and SBI Bank Challan.
- Do not forget to take a print out of the Online Passport Application Receipt by clicking on the Print Application Receipt The receipt will contain your Application Reference Number.
- Visit your Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office as per the time and date of the appointment along with all the original documents for verification and also the Application Receipt.
Hopefully, you managed the procedure on how to apply for passport online and offline. Once you have followed all the procedure make sure you check passport status easily online. In case, if you do not know, we recommend going through our tutorial on the same.
Passport Renewal Online
The passport is valid for 10 years from the date of issue and gets renewed for next 10 years after renewal. The procedure for application for passport renewal online is same as application for fresh passport. The documents required are basic with proof of resident and photo identity and birth certificate. However, you need to carry along your original old passport with the self-attested Xerox copy of the first four pages including ECR/Non-ECR page at the time of your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra. You can refer to our separate posts on documents required for passport to know the check list of the documents you will have present at the time of your visit. Even, tatkal passport or emergency passport is available upon request which can be facilitated within a week period of time.
Besides application, renewal and correction, you can also track pan card status online. Passport status can be checked at the official government site of Passport Seva. Follow the Track Passport status option at our site to know the complete procedure of checking status of your passport application. Also check our other useful posts and updates on Aadhar Card Status, Voter id card status, Rashan Card Status and IT refund status. The procedures of obtaining essential and significant governmental documents like how to apply for passport, application for UID and how to apply for income tax return are updated at our site for best convenience and information of Indian users.