Online Passport Application Procedure
The technology-driven procedures have revolutionized the applications and tracking of essential documents like Passport, PAN card and Aadhar Card. Host of things like online passport application form download is now just a matter of few clicks sitting at your office table or your home pc. This post will guide you through the complete online procedure of Online Passport application. If you are planning to apply for your passport, this article will be extremely useful by providing you direct links of the official pages from where you can apply for passport and also the procedural information and details required for online passport application. Passport is a primary travel document and a powerful identity proof for citizens of India. However passport is now a universal documents issued and governed by governments of respective countries.
Passport is the basic mandatory document issued by the Ministry for External Affairs of India and it is required while travelling abroad for any purpose including business, medical, fun, pilgrimage, work and tour. Host of online services are now available at the governmental sites for carrying out the procedures and for obtaining information on individual passport online. Some of these facilities including online tracking of passport application, online passport status, Tatkal passport issuance, renewal, correction of data in existing passport etc. Read on further to know the detailed step wise procedure of online passport application.
How to Apply for Passport Online
Follow the complete guidelines given here to go with your online passport application. We have elaborated and simplified the procedure for you to go through the application process smoothly:
- The first step requires your registration at the passport seva portal.
- After completing your registration click on Apply for fresh or reissue of passport.
- Once you complete your online registration by creating your login id, you can also download the passport application form after login at the homepage.
- Fill up your passport application form in capital letters wherever applicable. Also see that you fill up all the required information and fill up the form completely.
- Click here to solve any query or for guidelines to fill up the passport application form.
- After filling up the form return to this
- Click on View Saved / Submitted Applications.
- You will be able to see your submitted application. Click on the option seen next as ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’.
- Once you submit the form online, take print outs of the forms as you will have to submit the print outs of the submitted passport application forms along with your other required documents to the concerned passport office on the date and time of your appointment .
- You can check the availability of appointment by clicking here.
- You can submit your passport applications with required documents like birth certificate, ration card, id card, photo id proof at the following places as applicable in your city:
- Regional Passport Office
- Speed post centers
- District Passport Cells
- Passport Collection Centers
Our next section will detail on you the procedure you need to follow after submission of the passport application and online payment. Please go through it to know the complete passport application.
Passport Seva Kendra | Online Appointment Booking
After you click on the above captioned click to apply and appointment, you can pay online and also book your appointment with your Passport Seva Kendra or regional passport office. After booking appointment you will see on the screen your Appointment Confirmation which will mention the time and the date when you have to submit your prints outs of the passport application forms with other documents.
Click on the print application receipt here and get print out of your receipt which will serve as proof of your submission of online passport application. If you see the preview of your receipt, once again click on print application receipt. Do carry the print out of this application receipt while going to the passport seva Kendra. You will require it to enter the premises or visit the PSK official.
After you go through all above procedures, you passport will be issued after completion of the police verification. You can check the status of your passport online with the help of our separate post Passport Status.
Numerous governmental procedures which were quite hectic and stressful earlier have become extremely time saving and easy with the procedures going online. We have updated on host of such services and have elaborated it for convenience of users. We are independent portal to guide Indian users through the governmental formalities in a very simple and friendly manner. Our informative posts are also providing the direct links for the appropriate page of the governmental portals for various formalities like passport status, uti pan card status, uid status, pan card application form and many other services for your greater convenience and minimum efforts. Procedures pertaining to online passport application and other vital services are truly a boon for citizens. Government is also working hard towards digitization of everything which will in turn help Indian citizens a lot.